20111227

pois... a escola é uma 'seca'...!

"Children are certainly shaped by the world around them -- and by the false world on the screens in front of so many of them. They often enter our classrooms with a knowledge base polluted by misinformation and half-truths, their imaginations stunted by an oversaturation of digital entertainment.

But I think that I too have lacked imagination in thinking about this problem. It is my students who have made me realize that. They have shown me that they don't really need an educational amusement park. The solution to their over-stimulation is not more of it with an educational slant. What they need to learn is how to read -- not just decode language but understand perspective and context and the deeper meanings of a text. They need to learn how to think, how to distinguish logic from emotion, fact from assumption, reasoning from prejudice."

aqui.

Sem comentários: